Swimming with babies and toddlers
Swimming with your baby or toddler is not only fun, it is also usefull. There are many benefits of baby and toddler swimming even if it is a slightly daunting experience for most parents trying it for the first time.
Infants can start swimming from birth. Many swimming lessons start from around three months, however, you are encouraged to check with your health visitor before enrolling.
Here’s a list of some of the key benefits of baby swimming:
• it starts building water confidence early. Going in the water with your baby will not only make them more assured
about being in and around water, it can build your confidence too!
• Swimming helps to improve coordination and balance. On the whole, babies who swim have a much better balance
out of the pool.
• Swimming helps to build muscles. Working and strengthening all of their muscles effectively helps to make them
• Swimming provides quality bonding time. Time in the pool is one of the few times when your child has your undivided
attention for the duration, so make the most of it.
• Swimming strengthens your baby on the inside. While swimming will help to develop their muscles and joints, it also
improves the strength of their heart and lungs, and helps to develop their brain.
13.00 – 13.45 uur 0 tot 2 jaar
13.45 – 14.30 uur 2 tot 4 jaar